Monday, February 25, 2013

Gettin' Down & Dirty

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt

I've been very MIA from this blog for a while. It's been an absolutely crazy couple of weeks with work and life in general. And a rough couple of weeks at that.

The quote at the top of this post reflects what I keep trying to tell myself today. Last night I had a moment where I was made to feel very small by a person that I though I had a good relationship with. I was proven wrong and it stung pretty hard. More like I was crushed.

For those of you know me, know that I suffer from Seasonal Affect Disorder(those of you who know me but didn't know that, can now have that "oooooohh" moment lol), and things like small mean comments can really hurt more than it probably should. It can be taken as overreacting to someone on the outside. It's been flaring up pretty bad lately due to the very cold, wet, snowy weather that has left a blanket of blah over much of the New England area. We are still running regularly and eating healthy which should really help but it's just not quite the mood booster that's needed.

My point of this post isn't to bring all of my couple of readers down, but to remind people to be kind to each other. You don't always know what's going on in someone else's life, but a nice word can go a long way to making someone's day.

SO to end this post on a happy note, I would like to leave you with the best face from last night's Oscars!
via http://blog.zap2it.com
Just when I thought she couldn't get more awesome!

Thanks for letting me get personal today. Sometimes you just gotta get it off your chest.

2 comments:

  1. Stay strong girl =) Spring is just around the corner, and I am sure there are so many lovely people in your life who love you dearly!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie! It's true, I have some good people on my side. Thank for the kind words!

      Delete