Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Little Fashion Update

If you follow me on Twitter, you aren't unaware to the fact that I love Downton Abbey. And now that I have Andrew hooked it makes it that much more enjoyable.

Along with my daily need for hot tea now, I have also changed up my wardrobe to be a little more conservative and reflect a little of the 1920s. This isn't just happening in my closet! This Spring we are seeing the skirts get a little longer and the necklines not so revealing. There are also a lot of floral patterns coming in the upcoming seasons, so prepare yo-selves!

But that's in the next couple of weeks. As of right now we are still in the "navy blue phase" of things. So this past weekend I decided to put together a navy number with a combination of Ann pieces and a thrift store find.
Although this outfit didn't get a ton of compliments at work, I loved it so much! The peplum combined with the pleated skirt was so feminine and flirty and then with the riding boots it throws in the English feel.

Getting more creative with the pieces you already have in your closet is so important as we are transitioning seasons. Have fun with it!

4 comments:

  1. I really really liked this outfit, darling. You should definitely wear it or something similar the next time we go out on the town :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the outfit! And just thought to myself, "she should wear it to work!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wore it on Sunday! That's right it was just Rebecca and I. I will definitely break it out again before the navy is gone!

      Delete
    2. I haven't watched Downtown Abbey but I love this outfit, so cute and appropriate! :)

      Delete