Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Fashion for the Home: Pintrest Got Me Again

This post is going to be a little distraction from the fashion for your body and move into a little fashion for the home.
I love Pintrest. Some say that it has had it's time and it's time to move on, but I would disagree. I don't go into the office on Mondays or Fridays, so to fill my time, I craft. And it usually involves something for the home.
It's probably going to just end up collecting dust some day, but I don't care.
So, yesterday it was raining and completely gross but I headed to our local consignment store to see if I could find any cute outfits that might seem outdated to some but that I could snazz up with a new pair of shoes and a statement necklace.
No such luck.
But I did find this cool print framed of Piccadilly Road in London.
It was $4.
There is this Pin that I have always wanted to try, so I thought, "why not with this picture?"
So here it is...
Step 1:
Get a picture or make one of your own with magazine pictures and a stretched canvas. Think of a saying or phrase that you love and use stickers or adhesive letters to spell it out on the picture.


Step 2:
Take any color of paint and paint over the whole thing. I only did one coat because I liked seeing some of the picture through the paint. 


Step 3: 
When the paint is dry, gently remove the stickers. The picture underneath will show through! It's so cool. 


What do you guys think of a little change from the fashion to the home fashion?

No comments:

Post a Comment