Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tuesday Guest Post: Salvation Amy

Hello readers! Happy Tuesday to you all! 


I am so excited to bring to you a new type of post today, the guest post! When I first started this blog, I contacted Amy, a super awesome girl that I went to high school with. She has this unique style and an even cooler way of finding that style and I wanted to share her knowledge with all of you.


So I had her write up a guest post on one of her fabulous finds. Enjoy!




Striped red and white vintage dress (without belt): $18

It’s always a great idea to support your local businesses, but sometimes that can get pricey. You don’t always have to choose the upscale one-of-a-kind retailer on Main St., you have to dig a little deeper. Local secondhand shops are AMAZING places to find rare vintage pieces that will leave your wallet intact and a smile on your face. 

I decided to visit One Girl’s Treasure, one of my favorite local resale stores, in the heart of East Town which is located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  I found this vintage to die for red striped dress and crossed my fingers in hopes for a perfect fit and the rest is history! There’s something about the tailored fit at the top and the flowing bottom that was reminiscent of a 50s French style. I instantly wanted to eat a baguette; I’m not going to lie.  The dress did not come with a belt; however I snagged the belt from another vintage red dress I had previously purchased.  Add a pair of your favorite shades and you’re set to go!

One tip about vintage shopping is that you are going to find holes, rips, or missing buttons on at least a few of the items. Don’t be alarmed, this is something that can be quickly fixed either by hand sewing or taking the item to your local alterations business. I did find a rip in the back of this dress where the fabric meets the zipper seam towards the back of the dress, but luckily it can be easily fixed in less than five minutes by hand stitching! 

Isn't she fabulous?! And she also has a blog of her own check it out! http://salvation-amy.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment