Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What I'd Wear If Only We Lived in NYC

This past weekend, the hubs and I went in to the Big City for the day. *one of the great perks of living in CT*


We had originally expected to take this trip with one of our favorite couple friends, Alicia and Josh from down in Baltimore. When they couldn't make it, we cancelled our plans too.


After a rough Friday, Andrew woke up on Saturday and decided we needed to get out of dodge for the day. So away we went.


NYC is probably number two of my favorite cities of all time (It's a close tie with Salzburg, Austria), and every time we are there I'm inspired to try out new outfits. Here's the problem...I live in the "Mid-West" of the East Coast. Not a ton of high fashion in Bristol, CT. *shocker!*


So when we go to New York, I make sure to push the envelope a little bit. This trip I went for a little bit of the exposed bra at the back of my tank.


This post will highlight things that you can get away with in New York that most people would just look at you funny almost anywhere else...
Country Chic in the City





Summer dress, $24 / Frye boots / Linea Pelle Collection leather jewelry / Ray-Ban wayfarer sunglasses, $195


I don't have this exact outfit, but I love to wear my boots like this with dresses or shorts during the summer. I wore my boots with shorts when I went back to Michigan in March and I was constantly asked if I was too hot, if I wanted a different pair of shoes, anything but "hey, that's really cute together!" That would not happen in the Big Apple.



High Fashion





Cut out top / Skinny fit jeans / Christian Louboutin high heel / Hermès handbag / Forzieri gold diamond earrings / Michael Kors jewelry / Eyewear


I also get the urge to go extreme high fashion. You know, wear a lot of black, sunglasses that cover most of my face, the whole New York thing. I love black, but in most other places this seems a little drab or too fancy for everyday occasions. Not in New York I tell you! It's part of the uniform! And I love it. 


So while I can't quite get away with these looks on an everyday basis, there are the couple times a year when I can escape a little from the hum-drum everyday fashion and change things up. 


Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment