Monday, August 13, 2012

While the Husband is Away...

...This girl is gunna eat. Now, I love cooking for my husband even though he has a limited palate. 

That's ok, we're working on it! When he says he doesn't like something, it usually means he hasn't tried it before. He went from "not liking feta" to having it in his eggs EVERY time. He went from only eating ground beef tacos and  burgers to loving ground turkey tacos and tolerating ground turkey burgers. The one thing that I can't seem to quite get him on board with is seafood. He has tried salmon, shrimp and crab cakes but just hasn't fallen in love with the idea. About the only sea food I can consistently get him to eat is tuna sandwiches and melts. 
The Salmon of mine that he tried at Red's in Rockford
So, while he is away, I can cook and eat the things that he does not like. This week I am excited to try some new recipes that I have been wanting to try for a while. 
One of my go-two recipe books for simple healthy meals
A great cook book I received from my Mom for one of my Bridal Showers
So as this week and next progress, I will be posting about all my new cooking ventures, mixed in with fashion of course. But let's be honest, I am really getting sick of summer clothes! I've already started my Fall wardrobe. Excite!

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment