Monday, October 22, 2012

Wife Guilt, Crock Pots and the Attack of the Door Frames

This has been quite the crazy past 8 days! Getting used to working two jobs is hectic and that means that the apartment has kind of gone by the wayside as far as getting chores done. Chores are overrated as it is. And laundry? Well I have decided laundry is a guy. Annoying, cumbersome and just can't stay clean for long. Yup...laundry's a dude.

So along with the laundry and dusting going by the wayside I haven't been able to fix dinner for the hubs very much the past week. This has caused some hard-core wife guilt. Since when did needing to feed my husband every night become such a big thing? Well, if I thought he would actually eat something semi-healthy when I'm not around, I would be ok with it. But with this whole "Skinny by Disney" thing we got going on, it is so important that we change the way we eat. Super lame.

So enters the crock pot. I currently work out of a vintage pot that was my mother's like first crock pot and it's awesome. Soups have been rocking my world for the past couple days. So even though it's not a 4-course dinner, the wife guilt is lifting a bit.

Totes old school
On a random note, I've decided that we have unnaturallyMASSIVE door frames. Lately they have been jumping out at me and hitting the tops of my hands, hip checking me and once I even turned around to head into the bedroom and it was RIGHT THERE! The bane of my existence people...
But whhhhy are you so large door frames?!
I hope you have all had a great Monday! 

8 comments:

  1. I'm laughing hard at the door frame issue -- that is so ME lately! I think it must stress or hormones or something like that...

    Good for you using the crock pot Sarah, it's a great time saver in my house! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that a new change will help alleviate the stress so the hip and hand bruises will go away!

      Delete
  2. I hip check door frames way too much...I also overreact. Like I was actually shot. The bastards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?! I'm like "doorframe who the eff do you think you are?!?!?"

      Delete
  3. I gotta chime in here real quick:

    1.) I love the crock pot. Everything she makes in it turns out delish.

    2.) The doorframes.........like everyday, people. I swear one time she turned around, ran right into one, bounced off it and kept walking into the bedroom like it was no big deal. She's gotten THAT used to it. Funny stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the crock pot, it is the best creation ever! (How cute is it that your hubby commented above me, i love it!)

    I just found your adorable blog through the big giveaway! I am excited to be your newest follower, would love for you to stop by sometime :)

    sjdmiller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found me thru Kay! Yea that crock pot has helped me thru a lot of dinners and I will use that thing until it dies on me.

      So excited to have you as a new follower! Very happy to follow you back!

      Delete